Monday, May 10, 2010

Invasion of the people snatchers!





Yesterday was a very special mother's day for Emma's mom. Our two new puppies, Luna and Topper, came home, and it's caused quite a stir in Emma's home.














The puppies didn't sleep at all on the trip home from the breeder's. They were excited and had to spend some time exploring the house when they arrived. Thus, when they needed a nap, they totally crashed.







This is Topper, our male chocolate and tan miniature dachshund puppy. ZZZZZZZ!










"Mom! How could you??????? Who are these puppies, and why are they here? I thought we were just visiting them the other day. You never told me they were coming to MY HOUSE! When are they going home????"

"What do you mean, this IS their home? This is MY home!"









"Ok, squirts, here are the house rules. I'm only going to tell you once, and you better not forget them or you'll be sorry!"

"1. I'm in charge."
"2. My toys are mine. Not yours. Mine!"
"3. If I was playing with a toy at any time in the past, it's mine."
"4. If you're playing with a toy and I want it, it's mine."
"5. Mom's lap is mine."
"6. Dad's lap is mine."
"7. All the laps in the house are mine. It doesn't matter that I can't sit in them all at the same time. They're mine. All mine."




"Geez! I can't believe my people would do this to me. What did I ever do to deserve twins?"









"Topper, do you think she really means it?"

"Nah, sis, I think she's just being cranky. She'll come around, don't worry."









"I don't know, Topper. She looks pretty serious about those toys. Look, she's sitting on top of her dragon's hoard."

"Luna, stop worrying! She's not going to be able to guard everything, and we can team up on her to take some of them for ourselves. You'll see."







"I really want her to be my big sister. She looks like such a nice doggie."











Luna and Topper shouldn't worry too much. Emma IS a nice dog, and she's going to have a lot of fun with you.

Our first day was pretty fun and the puppies slept very well last night. Emma has accepted them without too much fuss, although she is having to chase after her toys when the puppies are awake.

1 comment:

quacks said...

emma looks a bit miffed in teh geez photo. great post!!